EKOS™ ENDOVASCULAR SYSTEM - CONTROL UNIT PT3B
The EKOS™ Control Unit PT3b with Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ treatment is very unique. It uses targeted ultrasonic waves in combination with clot-dissolving drugs in the treatment of PE, DVT and PAO. The system uses a sophisticated catheter and an ultrasonic core to effectively target an entire clot.
Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™
The EKOS™ Control Unit PT3b with Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ technology thins a clot’s fibrous mesh called fibrin. The acoustic pulse field makes the fibrin more porous while creating a pressure gradient which transports the clot-dissolving drug deep inside the clot.
- Speeds time-to-clot dissolution.
- Results in quality clinical outcomes.
- Increases clot removal and enhances clinical improvement compared to either standard, catheter-directed drug therapy or thrombectomy.
Targets the Thrombus Safely
- Lowers the risk of bleeding and other complications.
- Dissolves clots without damaging vessels, valves or walls.
More Effective Drug Delivery
- Reduces dosage requirements by as much as 68% compared to standard, catheter-directed drug therapy.
- Requires up to 4x less drug dosage than traditional systemic delivery.
Superior Clot Clearance
- 48% greater drug absorption within 1 hour.
- 84% greater drug absorption within 2 hours.