EKOS™ ULTRASOUND GUIDED CATHETER DIRECTED THROMBOLYSIS FOR DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND PULMONARY EMBOLISM
Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™
- Speeds time-to-clot dissolution.
- Results in quality clinical outcomes.
- Increases clot removal and enhances clinical improvement compared to either standard catheter-directed drug therapy or thrombectomy.
- Requires significantly shorter treatment times compared to standard CDT.
Targets the Thrombus Safely
- Lowers the risk of bleeding and other complications.
- Dissolves clots without damaging vessels, valves or walls.
More Effective Drug Delivery
- Reduces dosage requirements by as much as 68% compared to standard, catheter-directed drug therapy.
- Requires up to 4x less drug dosage than traditional systemic delivery.
- Reduces RV/LV ratio with as little as 8mg total tPA used in combination with EKOS™ therapy.
Superior Clot Clearance
- 48% greater drug absorption within 1 hour.
- 84% greater drug absorption within 2 hours.
How does EKOS™ work?
The Thrombosis Barrier
Blood clots are tightly bound together in a fibrous mesh called fibrin. Fibrin blocks the flow of thrombolytic drugs, requiring a higher drug dose to be effective.
With Acoustic Pulse
Our acoustic pulse field unwinds and thins fibrin to expose receptor sites.
With Acoustic Pulse and Thrombolytic Drug
More drug reaches the entire clot, accelerating absorption.