CHEST DRAINGE WITH VALM VOLUMETRIC AIR LEAK METER
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL FEATURES
Venice is a device specifically optimized for cardio-thoracic post-operative care.
Venice is intended for:
- evacuating and evacuation monitoring of both fluid and air from pleura-mediastinal cavity
- re-establish and maintaining the physiological gradient of intrathoracic pressure
- complete pulmonary re-expansion in order to restore normal respiratory dynamics
- drainage by control the suction and gravity drainage
Venice is a unique device for thoracic drainage that is equipped with:
- patented Volumetric Air Leak Meter
- patented labyrinth pathway between the water suction control chamber – water seal chamber
- patented labyrinth pathway in the water suction control chamber to reduce generated noise
- patented sequential tube clamping plate for manual release of excessive intrathoracic negative pressure, with no risk of air trapping in the thoracic cavity.
Venice is available with 3 o 4 chamber having the following function:
- Suction control and adjustment,
- Water seal,
- Blood collection.
The suction control and adjustment chamber allow the device, with the addition of water, to obtain the required suction level up to 25cmH2O. This chamber is equipped with positive pressure valve which protects the patient from possible pneumotorax.
The water seal chamber allows the operator to detect possible air leakage for the patient’s thoracic cavity and maintain the physiological intrathoracic pressure;
this chamber is equipped with an automatic discharge valve for the release of the excessive negative intrathoracic pressure.
The blood collection chamber allows accurate reading of the blood loss; with the dual collection model , equipped with 4 chambers instead of 3, the blood drains from 2 separate cavities can be collected and monitored separately.
The blood collection capacity is 2500ml.
The internal knock-over labyrintic pathway, between the blood collection chamber and the water seal chamber, allows the water level to be recovered in the event of an accidental knock-over ;
it guarantees that no spill occurs between water seal and collection chamber in the event of an accidental knock-over;
it prevent water lost from the seal chamber, which is thus maintained efficient.
The patented labyrinth pathway between the water suction control chamber – water seal chamber, prevents, compared to major competitors, water lost from water suction control chamber even with high flow vacuum source.
The patented labyrinth pathway of water suction control chamber to reduce, , compare to of major competitors, noise a low level